Created for Necessity, Employed for Passion

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

Let's build a world. Explore what we believe by writing. In many ways my characters’ experiences with fate, destiny and free-will mirror my own. What is up to us and what isn’t? It’s one of the great questions of the human experience, I think. But no matter what is for us to control, we must own the identity. You’re a writer if you write. Period. Writing is a lovely way to spend one’s time. Enjoy it. And I hope you enjoy my writing here.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Grateful



I sat down to write this post and so many things popped into my head at once that I decided to make a list--- keep those grateful thoughts in order! I present to you the top-ten things I'm grateful for this year. If you want, consider sitting down and making your own list. I've always found that putting things down on paper---er, online-- makes them a bit more official. And what better to make official than the things you're thankful for?

1) My amazing friends. They rock, seriously. I don't know how I got so lucky, because I'm pretty sure when it comes to friends, I have the most incredible ones on the planet. This is me with my two blondes---Melissa and Melissa. Aren't they cute?

2) My incredible editor and agent. You guys, I have the most bad-ass team there is. Mollie Glick and Anica Rissi, you two rock my world.

3) My posse of writer gals. Here is us taking a pic on my computer. Jess Rothenberg was the only one who could figure out how to work the camera. We are good with words, not so much with technology.

4) The fact that I get to do what I love. Writing books is, as my friend Sarah would say, the cat's jimjams.

5) Chocolate! I made white chocolate cinnamon/cranberry bark yesterday. I'll share the recipe soon because OMG.

6) Good health. Health is wealth! I'm grateful for my own health, as well as the continued health of the people I love.

7) Coffee. Forever and ever gratitude, caffeine. Forever.

8) An apartment that I love. And that I am decorating...slowly (photo tour to come).

9) A wonderful family. I love you so much!

10) I'm grateful that most mornings I wake up happy-- albeit tired (I never was a morning person).

What are you grateful for?

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

xoxoxo,

R


No comments:

Post a Comment