Created for Necessity, Employed for Passion

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

Let's build a world. Explore what we believe by writing. In many ways my characters’ experiences with fate, destiny and free-will mirror my own. What is up to us and what isn’t? It’s one of the great questions of the human experience, I think. But no matter what is for us to control, we must own the identity. You’re a writer if you write. Period. Writing is a lovely way to spend one’s time. Enjoy it. And I hope you enjoy my writing here.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Teaser...revealed!!!

Okay, you guys wanted something from the beginning of Book 2 and so I give you the FIRST official teaser. You ready?


I’ve lived at 65th and Madison my whole life, but it doesn’t mean I fit in there. That’s the thing about the places we come from--- they probably say the least about who we really are than anything. 

I'm not telling you what the book is about, yet (you know I'm all about the mystery). But I want to know--- do you agree? Do you think, like our new narrator, that the places we come from say the least about who we really are? What do you think determines our character above all else? 

And also: What do you think this book is about?

Comment away! I'll post whoever gets the closest...

XO! Have a great weekend...I'm off to Miami to enjoy some BEACH. 

R

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that it takes place in Manhattan!!!! So excited for this one, and I can tell - totally different voice than Rosaline's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This teaser sounds intriguing! I agree with the narrator that where we come from says little about us because we don't choose where we come from. However, our parents (or someone similarly close) probably do choose where we come from, so it has a little bit to do with who we are in relation to them. Perhaps this story is about someone forging their own way despite adversity from those closest to them. We need more though! haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete