Created for Necessity, Employed for Passion

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

Let's build a world. Explore what we believe by writing. In many ways my characters’ experiences with fate, destiny and free-will mirror my own. What is up to us and what isn’t? It’s one of the great questions of the human experience, I think. But no matter what is for us to control, we must own the identity. You’re a writer if you write. Period. Writing is a lovely way to spend one’s time. Enjoy it. And I hope you enjoy my writing here.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Don't Go, Please Stay


This weekend my girlfriends and I took to Miami to celebrate our dear friend's engagement. The weekend was, ahem, fun-- I shall leave it at that. But it came with a bittersweet end. Another best friend has moved from New York, and while we traveled to Miami together, this morning we said goodbye at the airport--- she to LA, for good, and me back to ol' Manhattan.

My friends and I have a long-standing history of hysterical airport goodbyes (in college we nearly stopped traffic on the curb), and this morning was no exception. I love New York. I love that new people come into my life all the time-- but I also hate that many, inevitably, leave.

Melissa, my love, I wish you didn't have to go. The city already sparkless less without you here.

But next week is BEA (Yay!) and we soldier on. Stay tuned tomorrow for my panel list, and tell me--- who is in town and what are you all up to?!

XO,

R

1 comment:

  1. love you SO much beccs. can't wait to see you out here SOON!

    ReplyDelete