Created for Necessity, Employed for Passion

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

Let's build a world. Explore what we believe by writing. In many ways my characters’ experiences with fate, destiny and free-will mirror my own. What is up to us and what isn’t? It’s one of the great questions of the human experience, I think. But no matter what is for us to control, we must own the identity. You’re a writer if you write. Period. Writing is a lovely way to spend one’s time. Enjoy it. And I hope you enjoy my writing here.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

High School Ruminations

Hawaii was great, you guys. I got to spend time with my family, go to the beach, and visit some of my favorite childhood spots (yep, I grew up there!)

Some of you may not know that I based San Bellaro High off of my school, Seabury Hall. We, too, had a Cooper House, rolling hills, and ocean views. It's fun to go back now and remember what life was like when I wasn't writing about that place...but living there. I spent more time in the library than Rosaline does, and I was far more concerned with grades than parties, but somewhere around that green, green campus is a seventeen year old girl who is just trying to figure it out-- that we share.

There is also that little balcony above the courtyard. Did you think I conveniently made it up? It's real!

Tell me--- are there any secret spots at your high school? What will you miss about being there, or, if you're already gone, what do you? (And, of course, feel free to share what you will be happy to leave behind!)

XO,

R

1 comment:

  1. High school brings back some very fond memories of moments with my best friends, and of course, my first encounters with boys... Fun fodder for a future story!

    ReplyDelete