Created for Necessity, Employed for Passion

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

Let's build a world. Explore what we believe by writing. In many ways my characters’ experiences with fate, destiny and free-will mirror my own. What is up to us and what isn’t? It’s one of the great questions of the human experience, I think. But no matter what is for us to control, we must own the identity. You’re a writer if you write. Period. Writing is a lovely way to spend one’s time. Enjoy it. And I hope you enjoy my writing here.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Post Sandy Post!

Hey Guys!

What a week! As I'm sure you all know Sandy did a number on our lovely city. I live downtown, and I will never forget some of the things I've seen in the last few days. Black buildings, zero streetlights, candlelit delis. It was like being in that movie I Am Legend! (Or any dystopian YA read, really :) In fact, I think the general root of my panic may have come from that book Life As We Knew It. No one else shared my complete conviction that we would run out of food and have to live on mattresses in the middle of kitchen.

ANYWAY.

I am now on the Upper West Side, which I have long suspected to be paradise, and is, in fact, awesome. Open restaurants! Running water! Lights! Heaven.

I hope you are all doing okay, or at the very least, hanging in there. I am reminded this week of all things that matter: friends, community, good food, warmth, and-- a great story.

I've certainly had my share of all this week.

XOXO,

R

No comments:

Post a Comment